Updated: Feb 24, 2020
In a perfect world, life would be so simple. We'd be able to wake up when we wanted to, have an uninterrupted glam session everyday to perfect our angelic faces and face the world with a glamorous look that lasts all day. We wouldn't have to worry about keeping a schedule, spouses or children eating into our precious preparation routines, or flawless makeup that wont last past our first meal.
Ehhheeemm (clears throat) R E A L I T Y C H E C K!!! Daydream OVER! Where's that 'perfect' world? I don't know about you, but I'm a mom of FOUR, a wife and a business woman and although makeup is apart of my profession, it takes TIME. In the real world us ladies rarely have the time to stand in front of a mirror for hours working on a flawless face, but that doesn't mean we can't get that flawless face everyday in less time. Today's topic tackles your everyday makeup routine and shows you how to get that everyday glow and glam in just under 20 minutes! Here's a few tips to help you and the clock work together in perfect harmony lol!
1. First things first- prep your tools and products ahead of time! If you're anything like me, organization is not my strongest trait. However, I do find that if I have the tools and products I'll need already laid out for me ahead of time, I spend less time searching for things I need and focusing solely on application. Clean your makeup brushes and lay out all the products you'll need the night before (for the morning makeovers) or ahead of time. Trust me- it cuts down on your time significantly when you aren't digging through your makeup to find that perfect pink lip gloss.
2. Weed out the time eaters! Try to opt out of certain products or application steps that take up more time and effort. For example: choose a brush instead of a blending sponge to apply your makeup. Or instead of applying falsies, go for a more natural and less time consuming look using only mascara.
3. Choose products that insure a long lasting look. If you're headed out for a long day and don't need the stress of having to touch up or re- apply makeup throughout the day, pick up products that promise longer wear and waterproof capabilities such as waterproof liner and mascara and a liquid lipstick or lip stain.
As women, we're always multitasking and working against the clock to make sure everything and everyone else is taken care of and we're always left with the least amount of time to consider ourselves. In this video tutorial I turned the timer on, put my own tips to work and show you how to achieve a 'Simple Glam' everyday look in just under 20 minutes! Here's the breakdown of steps and products:
1. Prepped and moisturized my skin with Embryolisse Lait Creme-Concentre.
2. Primed my skin with Rimmel Stay Matte Primer for longer wear, matte finish and to blur out any fine lines.
4. I applied Maybeline Matte + Poreless Foundation in Classic Tan by placing dots all around my face with my finger and blended using a flat top foundation brush misted with a Pixi by Petra Makeup fixing spray.
6. Applied a winged eyeliner to my top lid using NYC Liquid Liner. (this may add to your time if you're not completely comfortable using liquid liner. You may also use a gel liner like Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner or pencil.)
7. Applied Loreal Telescopic Mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
11. Set makeup with Pixi by Petra Makeup Fixing Spray for long lasting, smudge free makeup!
Earrings: Custom Made By Laneka. Check out her super cute store full of goodies at www.etsy.com/shop/custommadebylaneka