Glambition Tip Tuesday 11/1/22
One of the many keys to positively shifted thinking is learning to find the good in every experience and remaining GRATEFUL. Apart of getting and KEEPING your Glambition Up is about your mindset. Staying in a place of gratefulness can help you do that.
Here’s some ways I’m working to stay grateful:
Appreciate everything. Gratitude doesn’t have to be reserved for just milestone experiences or big things. The habit of gratefulness begins with appreciation the small, seemingly insignificant things. There’s nothing too small to be thankful for. If it’s the weather, your ability to use your limbs, or the ease of completing a task… BE grateful for it.
2. Find gratitude even in your challenging experiences. Everything won’t always go your way. Gratitude isn’t just about being thankful for positive experiences, but In fact, sometimes thinking about negative or difficult situations can help to identify what you have to be thankful for. Think back to a negative experience that may have happened to you. Are you still here? Did it make you better? I dare you to dig into some of your past experiences and evaluate how they have helped shape you into the person you are today.
3. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness simply means to be in a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment. Sit down with your thoughts and think through 5-10 things you’re grateful for. Picture it in your mind and sit with that feeling of gratefulness. Practicing this everyday will begin to rewire your brain to naturally e more grateful. You’ll find that after every time you do this your attitude will be positive, you’ll be happier and more free. The human brain is so powerful and if trained towards gratitude, that power is unstoppable. Studies show that it only takes 8 weeks to train your brain to a new habit or way of thinking. I hope today is your Day 1!
4. Write it down! Writing is a release technique. So writing down those things you’re grateful for while your practicing your mindfulness is a release. Keeping a journal of all of the things you are thankful for can help you keep track of and refer back to the positives in your life. Write down your positive thoughts to keep your mind there. While you write, your brain is forced to think about the words you’re writing without being distracted by other ungrateful thoughts.
5. Give back. For most people, giving back is the key to unlocking a more grateful heart because it opens your eyes to the things you may take for granted. Helping others will help you!
6. Express yourself! It’s not enough to keep that gratitude to yourself. Increase and maximize that feeling by expressing it to those you love or to your audience. Not only will it make them smile, but their happiness make you more happy.
Shift your mind. Be grateful.
With Love & Glambition
Facebook: Mikaya Dionne Enterprises